Benzyl AlcoholProviding you the best range of benzyl alcohol with effective & timely delivery.
Approx. Price: Rs 130 / KgGet Latest Price
|Packaging Details||1 litre Bottle|
|Usage/Application||General solvent for waxes and epoxy resin, Preservatives, Anti-parasite medication|
|Grade Standard||Industrial Grade|
|Synonyms||Phenylcarbinol, C6H5CH2OH, Phenylmethanol, Benzenemethanol|
|Molecular Weight||108.140 g per mol|
|Melting Point||-15.2 degree Celsius|
|Boiling Point||205.3 degree Celsius|
|Flash Point||93 degree Celsius|
|1 kg Bag||Rs 130|
|20 kg Bag||Rs 2350|
is an aromatic alcohol with the formula C6H5CH2OH
. The benzyl group is often abbreviated “Bn
” (not to be confused with “Bz” which is used for benzoyl), thus benzyl alcohol is denoted as BnOH
Get Best price of >99% pure 1 Litre bottle of Benzyl Alcohol CAS No. 100-51-6, C7H8O.
We offer Benzyl Alcohol which is partially soluble in water and completely miscible in alcohol.
Uses of Benzyl Alcohol
- Benzyl alcohol is a prescription topical (for the skin) medication used as an anti-parasite medication.
- Benzyl alcohol is used effectively for treating lice infestations as the active ingredient in lotion shampoo with 5% benzyl alcohol.Eye Contact: Check for and remove any contact lenses. Immediately flush eyes with running water for at least 15minutes, keeping eyelids open.
- Benzyl alcohol is used as a bacteriostatic preservative at low concentration in intravenous medications, cosmetics, and topical drugs.
- It is also used as a fragrance in perfumes and in flavoring, and is an ingredient in ointments and cosmetics.
- It is used in inks, as a photographic developer, and in dyeing nylon filament, textiles and sheet plastics.
- Ingestion: May cause severe gastrointestinal tract irritation with nausea, vomiting and possible burns. May be harmful if swallowed.
- Inhalation: Vapors cause irritation of the respiratory system.
- Chronic: Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis.
First Aid Measures
- Eye Contact: Immediately flush eyes with running water for at least 15 minutes, keeping eyelids open.
- Skin Contact: In case of contact, immediately flush skin with plenty of water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes.
- Inhalation: If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel.
Accidental Release Measures
- Small Spill: Dilute with water and mop up, or absorb with an inert dry material and place in an appropriate waste disposal container.
- Large Spill: Combustible material. Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Stop leak if without risk.
Handling and Storage
- Keep away from heat and sources of ignition.
- Ground all equipment containing material.
- Do not ingest. Do not breathe gas/fumes/ vapor/spray.
- Wear suitable protective clothing. In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment.
- Keep the container in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- Keep the container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use.
- Avoid all possible sources of ignition (spark or flame). Sensitive to light.